The Influence of Cavitation Treatment on Amorphization of Kaolinite in the Dispersion of the “Kaolin—Na2O · nSiO2 · mH2O—NaOH—H2O” Composition
The paper covers the results of study of cavitation treatment on amorphization of kaolinite n the alkaline aluminosilicate dispersions of the “Kaolin—Na2O · nSiO2 · mH2O—NaOH—H2O” composition. The purpose of the study was to establish a possibility to substitute metakaolin in these dispersions for kaolin. The results show that amorphization of the kaolinite in the field of dynamic cavitation takes place at relatively low temperatures (below 60 °C) resulting in the formation of the properties of these dispersions that are comparable to those of the metakaolin-based dispersions. Above this, rheological and technological properties of the alkaline aluminosilicate dispersions of the “Kaolin—Na2O · nSiO2 · mH2O—NaOH—H2O” composition such as viscosity, shelf life, adhesion to concrete, metal and wood have considerably improved.
KeywordsDispersant Solid Cavitation Number Hydrodynamic Cavitator Binder Composition Cavitation Treatment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Fedotkin, I.M., Gulyi, I.S.: Cavitation: Cavitation Engineering, their use in the Industry (Theory, Calculations and Designs of Cavitation Devices), Part I. Poligrafknika Publish, Кiev (1997)Google Scholar
- 2.Fedotkin, I.M., Gulyi, I.S.: 2000: Cavitation: Cavitation Engineering, their use in the Industry (Theory, Calculations and Designs of Cavitation Devices), Part II. OKO JSC, Кiev (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Vitenko, T.M.: Mechanism and kinetics of intensifying action of hydrodynamic cavitation in chemical and technological processes: Synopsis of the thesis… for Doc. of Sci. (Eng.), 36 p. 17 May 2008, Lvov (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Gorshkov, V.S., Timashev, V.V., Savelyev, V.G.: Methods for Physical and Chemical Analysis of Binders. Vysshaya Shkola Publishing House, Moscow (manual) (1984)Google Scholar
- 5.Semushin, V.N.: X-ray Detector for Zeolites. Nauka Publish, Novosibirsk (1986)Google Scholar
- 6.Guziy, S.G.: Features of processes of structurization of binders compositions in the system “xNa2O∙yAl2O3∙nSiO2∙mH2O. In: Proceedings of XII Symposium on Science and Research in the Silicate Chemistry, Chemistry of no Silicate Binders and Technology Application SILICHEM, pp. 35–41, Brno, Czech RepublicGoogle Scholar
- 7.Guziy, S.G.: Research of a microstructure of an artificial stone of a binder composition in system xNa2OyAl2O3nSiO2mH2O. In: Proceedings of the International Symposium on Non-traditional Cement and Concrete III, pp. 312–319, Brno, Czech Republic (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Guziy, S.G., Terenchuk, S.A.: Research of physical properties of alkali aluminosilicate suspensions after cavitational treatment. NTU “KhPI” Scientific Journals. Collection of scientific papers. Special issue “Chemistry, chemical technology and environment”, No. 65, pp. 119–126. NTU “KhPI”, Kharkov (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Kryvenko, P.V., Guziy, S.G., Abdullah Al Musa, J.: Effect of cavitational treatment on nanostructuring of alkali aluminosilicate dispersions. In: Proceedings of VI International Conference on Nano-Technology in Construction (NTC 2014), pp. 52–64, Cairo, EgyptGoogle Scholar