Fuzzy Logic Modeling for Higher Adhesion Strength of Cr/Cr-N Multilayer Thin Film Coating on Aerospace AL7075-T6 Alloy for Higher Fretting Fatigue Life
Adhesion strength of coating is one of the most imperative factors in magnetron sputtering technique. Therefore; exploring the effect of coating parameters on enhancing adhesion strength of coating to substrate is extremely important. In this study, an experimental assessment was carried out to discover the fretting fatigue life of Cr/CrN coated AL7075-T6 alloy with higher adhesion strength to substrate by application of PVD magnetron sputtering technique. A fuzzy logic method was utilized to examine how to achieve higher adhesion of coating regarding to changes in input process parameters including DC power, nitrogen flow rate and temperature for fretting fatigue life Improvement.
KeywordsAdhesion AL7075-T6 Cr-CrN coating Fretting fatigue Fuzzy logic Magnetron sputters technique
This research was funded by the UMRG grant with number: RP021C-13AET from the University of Malaya, Malaysia.
- 5.E. Zalnezhad, A.D.A. Sarhan, M. Hamdi, Investigating the fretting fatigue life of thin film titanium nitride coated aerospace Al7075-T6 alloy, 559, 436–446 (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.G.H. Majzoobi, M. Jaleh, Duplex surface treatments on AL7075-T6 alloy against fretting fatigue behavior by application of titanium coating plus nitriding. Mater. Sci. Eng. A 452–453, 673–681 (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.B. Sresomroeng, V. Premanond, P. Kaewtatip, A. Khantachawana, A. Kurosawa, N. Koga, Performance of CrN radical nitrided tools on deep drawing of advanced high strength steel. Surf. Coat. Technol. 205, 4198–4204 (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.R. Rebole, A. Martinez, R. Rodriguez, G.G. Fuentes, E. Spain, N. Watson, J.C.A. Batista, J. Housden, F. Montala, L.J. Carreras, T.J. Tate, Microstructural and tribological investigations of CrN coated, wet-stripped and recoated functional substrates used for cutting and forming tools. Thin Solid Films 469–470, 466–471 (2004)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 12.E. Ufuah, T.H. Tashok, Behavior of stiffened steel plates subjected to accidental loadings. Eng. Lett. 21(2), 95–100 (2013)Google Scholar
- 13.E. Zalnezhad, A.D.A. Sarhan, M. Hamdi, Adhesion strength predicting of Cr/CrN coated AL7075 using fuzzy logic system for fretting fatigue life enhancement, in Lecture Notes in Engineering and Computer Science: Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science 2013, WCECS 2013, pp. 589–595, San Francisco, USA, 23–25 Oct 2013Google Scholar
- 14.C. K. On, J. Teo, Artificial neural controller synthesis in autonomous mobile cognition. IAENG Int. J. Comput. Sci. 36(4), 240–252 (IJCS_36_4_01) (2009) Google Scholar
- 15.A. Soleimani, Z. Kobti, Event-driven fuzzy paradigm for emotion generation dynamics, in Lecture Notes in Engineering and Computer Science: Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science 2013, WCECS 2013, pp.168–173, San Francisco, USA, 23–25 Oct 2013Google Scholar
- 16.ISO Standard, Metallic materials—rotating bar bending fatigue testing, ISO International (2010)Google Scholar