Environment Control Model of Intelligent Plant Factory Using Context Based of Sensing Data
Recently, according to rapid development and distribution of IT technology, various researches that adopt IT technologies to all the existing technologies have been conducted. However, among current IT converged agricultural technology, system which controls environment of plant factory is subordinate to particular system and has a weakness that it is hard to handle intelligently the various exceptional situations which may occur in plant factory environment without intervention of human. Thus, this research provides environmental control service which can handle intelligently the possible exceptional situations which may occur in various situations as building ontology by defining each relation such as environmental factor and control factor necessary for cultivating crops in vertical farm.
KeywordsContext-aware Ontology Vertical farm Environment control
This research was supported by the MSIP (Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning), Korea, under the CITRC (Convergence Information Technology Research Center) support program (NIPA-2013-H0401-13-2008) supervised by the NIPA (National IT Industry Promotion Agency).
- 1.Korea Food Security Research Foundation-Causes and solutions of the global food. http://www.foodsecurity.or.kr/bbs/view.php?bbs_id=qnaa07&doc_num=57
- 2.Kim S-H (2011) A study of ontology-based context modeling in the area of u-convention. Korea Inf Processing Soc 28(3):123–139Google Scholar
- 3.Chen H, Finin T, Joshi A (2004) Semantic web in the context broker architecture. IEEE international conference on PERCOM04, Washington, IDEEE, Computer Society, pp 277–286Google Scholar
- 4.Mcllraith S (2002) Semantic enabled Web services. XML-Web services ONE conference, vol 6 Google Scholar
- 5.Ma YB, Kim JK, Lee JS (2012) Modeling and simulation of ontology-based path finding in war-game simulation. Korea Soc Simul J 21(1):9–17Google Scholar
- 6.Rural Development Administration—Agricultural Technology Comprehensive Information. http://www.rda.go.kr/board/board.do?mode=html&prgId=arg_cropfarmskillEntry#ac_con_view
- 7.Lee B-M, Kim J, Kim JH, Lee Y, Kang U-G (2011) A customized exercise service model based on the context-awareness in u-Health service. J Korea Inf Technol 9(2):141–152Google Scholar
- 8.Kim J, Park C, Jung J, Lee H, Jung H, Min K, Kim H (2003) The design and implementation of knowledge map service system based on ontology. Korea Inf Sci Soc 30(1):527–529 Spring Workshop Presentation FileGoogle Scholar
- 9.Strange T, Linhoff-Popien C (2004) A context modeling survey. The sixth international conference on ubiquitous computing, UbiCompGoogle Scholar