The Energy-Efficient Probabilistic Routing in MANETs
In this paper, we propose Energy-efficient Probabilistic Routing (EEPR) that control routing request packets stochastically to increase network lifetime and decrease packet loss in flooding algorithm. We adapt energy efficient probabilistic control using residual energy of each node and ETX metric for original AODV protocol. In simulations, we verify that the proposed algorithm has longer network lifetime and consume residual energy of each node more evenly than the original AODV protocol.
KeywordsEnergy-efficiency Energy-aware ETX Residual energy Network lifetime MANET
This research was supported by the MKE (The Ministry of Knowledge Economy), Korea, under the ITRC (Information Technology Research Center) support program (NIPA-2012-H0301-12-4004) supervised by the NIPA (National IT Industry Promotion Agency). This research was supported by Basic Science Research Program through the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) funded by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (No.2012R1A2A2A01014170). This research was supported by Basic Science Research Program through the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) funded by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (No.2011-0024132).
- 1.Allard G (2006) Evaluation of the energy consumption in MANET. In: Proceedings of the 5th international conference on Ad-Hoc, Mobile, and Wireless Networks. ADHOC-NOW’06, pp 50–69, Aug 2006Google Scholar
- 2.Perkins CE, Royer EM (1999) Ad-hoc on-demand distance vector routing. In: Proceedings of the Second IEEE workshop on mobile computing systems and applications, WMCSA ‘99, pp 99–100, Feb 1999Google Scholar
- 4.Wang X (2004) An energy-aware probability routing in MANETs. In: Proceedings of the IEEE workshop on IP operations and management, pp 146–151, Oct 2004Google Scholar
- 5.Patil AP (2011) Design of an energy efficient routing protocol for MANETs based on AODV. Int J Comput Sci Issues 8(4), Jul 2011Google Scholar
- 6.Nand P (2011) Probability based improved broadcasting for AODV routing Protocol. In: International conference on computational intelligence and communication networks (CICN), pp 621–625, Oct 2011Google Scholar
- 7.De Couto DSJ (2005) A high-throughput path metric for multi-hop wireless routing. Wireless Netw 11(4):419–434Google Scholar
- 9.ITU-R Recommendation M.1225 (1997) Guidelines for evaluation of radio transmission technologies for IMT-2000. International Telecommunication UnionGoogle Scholar