Smart Logistics Service Model Based on Context Information
The Services in the recent logistics environment aims for situation information based logistics service centered around the user by utilizing various IT technologies such as mobile devices, computer systems, and GPS. This thesis proposes a smart logistics service model for providing web-based intelligent logistics service by utilizing smartphones in a smart environment. The proposed service model can use not only the basic logistics delivery information but also the location information and situation information of the delivery vehicle and user as the determining factor information for logistics delivery route and scheduling decisions, and can provide user-based smart logistics delivery service. Through this service model, it is possible to engage in the development applied with various IT logistics convergence services based on situation information between deliverer and user which occurs in real-time.
KeywordsIntelligent logistics Context-aware service IT logistics convergence
This research was supported by the MSIP (Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning), Korea, under the CITRC (Convergence Information Technology Research Center) support program (NIPA-2013-H0401-13-2008) supervised by the NIPA (National IT Industry Promotion Agency).
- 1.Lee Y, Jin L, Seo S, Oh S, Lee Y, Tyu K (2004) Design and implementation of the u-logistics alerting system. Korean Inst Inf Sci Eng 31(01):37–39Google Scholar
- 2.Zhu T, Wang C, Jia G, Huang J (2010) Toward context-aware location based services. In: International conference on electronics and information engineering (ICEIE), pp 409–413Google Scholar
- 3.Park I, Kim Y, Kim S, Sim C, Shin C (2008) Design and implementation of driver service system for logistics supporting vehicles. Korean Soc Inter Inf 09(02):0197–0200Google Scholar
- 4.Lee Y, Nam K, Tyu K (2008) Design and implementation of event notification system for location-and RFID-based logistics environment. J Korea Inf Process Soc D 15-D(05):0599–0608Google Scholar
- 5.Lee SH, Lee CY, Kim DS, Lee CH, Lee WJ, Min SG, Yoo H (2008) Sensor network deployment for warehouse management system based on RFID. Korea Inf Sci Soc J C 14(01):0022–0030Google Scholar
- 6.ter Mors AW, Zutt J, Witteveen C (2007) Context-aware logistic routing and scheduling. In: Proceedings of the 17th international conference on automated planning and scheduling, pp 328–335Google Scholar
- 7.Son VQ, Wenning BL, Timm-Giel A, Görg C (2009) A model of wireless sensor networks using context-awareness in logistic applications. In: Proceedings of the 9th international conference on intelligent transport system telecommunications (ITST 09), pp 2–7Google Scholar
- 8.Haseloff S (2005) Context awareness in information logistics. Ph.D. Thesis, TU Berlin, GermanyGoogle Scholar
- 9.Kim M, Oh J, Lee Y-J, Chae J (2010) A design of transportation management system using smartphones. Korea Comput Congr Korean Inst Inf Sci Eng 37(01):212–216Google Scholar