Rhythm-Based Authentication Scheme on Smart Devices
Due to computing power and advances of smart devices, recently uses of smart-phone have been rapidly increasing. Smart devices (smartphones and tablet PC etc.) threats such as a personal information leakage and fraudulent use of smart devices have also increased. So, effective measures are needed to address security issues of smart devices—authentication, access control, prevention from the attackers. In this paper, we proposed a rhythm-based user authentication scheme on smart devices. The proposed scheme complements the vulnerabilities of the existing schemes, and provides authentication that ensures availability. In additional, it provides stronger security and greater convenience.
KeywordsUser authentication Rhythm Smart devices Tablet PC Android phone
This research was supported by the MSIP (Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning), Korea, under the CPRC (Communications Policy Research Center) support program supervised by the KCA (Korea Communications Agency) (KCA-2013-003).
- 1.Jaegal B (2010) Trend of smartphone market and mobile OS. Samsung Wireless Division, 6.DGoogle Scholar
- 2.Lee A, Bok D (2008) Interface technology for improving production value. Samsung Economics Research Institute (SERI) Economic Focus, No. 216, Oct 2008Google Scholar
- 3.Mohammed MM, Elsadig M (2013) A multi-layer of multi factors authentication model for online banking services. In: ICCEEE 2013, IEEE, pp 220–224, Aug 2013Google Scholar
- 4.Android Security Overview, Android open source project, http://source.android.com/devices/tech/security/
- 5.Aviv AJ, Gibson K, Mossop E, Blaze M, Smith JM (2010) Smudge attacks on smartphone touch screens. In: 4th USENIX workshop on offensive technologies, Aug 2010Google Scholar
- 6.Lashkari AH, Farmand S, Zakaria OB, Saleh R (2009) Shoulder surfing attack in graphical password authentication. Int J Comput Sci Inf Secur 6(2):145–154Google Scholar