ActiveSTB: Scalable Scheme Over Wireless Networks
Quality of streaming service is determined by bandwidth constriction and error rate of link in wireless environments. The layered video coding provides attraction for streaming service at wireless environments through adaptation of streaming size. However, these dependency also increases the possibility that streaming data are thrown out even though they are transmitted successfully. It wastes a lot of link bandwidth and drops the efficiency of transmission. To understand the structure of layered streams increases the performance of layered video streaming. In this paper, we proposed the active streaming schemes of layered video streaming depending on the available bandwidth. The intermediate nodes figured out the structure of layered video streaming and then change the format of scalable streaming scheme. The complicated relationship between layered streams increases the availability of layered stream, but also risks to waste the transmitted layered streams. Additionally, we added the comparison between simple referred layered streams and complicated layered streams.
KeywordsScalable stream Layered stream Wireless connection
This research was supported by Basic Science Research Program through the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) funded by the Ministry of Education (2013R1A1A2063006).
- 1.Shen B, Lee S, Basu S (2004) Caching strategies in transcoding-enabled proxy systems for streaming media distribution networks. In: Proceedings of IEEE transactions on multimedia, vol 6, Special Issue on Streaming MediaGoogle Scholar
- 2.Chan S, Kok CW, Wong AK (2003) Multimedia streaming gateway with jitter detection. In: Proceedings of international conference on communication, 2003Google Scholar
- 3.Huang THC, Chang C (2002) A proxy-based adaptive flow control scheme for media streaming. In: Proceedings of the 2002 ACM symposium on applied computing, pp 750–754Google Scholar
- 5.Schojer P, Boszormenyi L, Hellwagner H, Penx B, Podlipnig S (2003) Architecture of a quality based intelligent proxy (qbix) for mpeg-4 videos. In: Proceedings of world wide web, 2003Google Scholar
- 7.Laursen A, Olkin J, Porter M (1994) Oracle media server: providing consumer based interactive access to multimedia data. In: Proceedings of the ACM SIG on management of data, vol 23, p 47077Google Scholar
- 8.Robertson S, Rivin R, Analog devices: designing IPTV set-top boxes without getting boxed in. Analog Devices Inc Google Scholar
- 9.Telchemy Inc., Analog devices: designing IPTV set-top boxes without getting boxed in. Telchemy IncGoogle Scholar
- 10.I. J. S. 11 and I.-T. S. Q.6, Joint scalable video model (JSVM) software manual. Included in JVT-X203. ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC29/WG 11 and ITU-T SG16 Q.6., 2007Google Scholar