Blood Group System A in the Reproduction of Pigs
Neither blood group factor A nor its corresponding normal antibody anti-A were detected in the fluids of seminal vesicles, tail of the epididymis or in testicle fluid of boars. The ovarian follicle fluid and the cervical mucus were chosen from the genital tract fluids of sows for the study of the mentioned antigenic factor and antibody. Antigenic factor A was present in a significantly lower amount in the ovarian follicle fluid than in the serum. In the cervical mucus the relation was the opposite. Anti-A antibody was present in ovarian follicle fluid and serum in the same titre, but was not detected in the cervical mucus. Anti-A, present in ovarian follicle fluid of sows, did not increase in vitro agglutination of spermatozoa of A-positive boars nor did it shorten the period of their motility. Fertility of A-negative sows mated to A-positive boars was not decreased. The number of offspring after two boars, one of which was A-positive and the other A-negative, and both of which were mated during one oestrus, was not changed in favour of the progeny of A-negative fathers.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Dunsford, I. and Bowley, C. Ch., 1955. Techniques in Blood Grouping, Oliver and Boyd, Edinburgh, p. 250.Google Scholar
- Gavalier, M., Hojny, J., Hradecky, J., Linhart, J. and Schröffel, J., 1966. Blood groups and serum proteins in pigs. Polymorphismes biochimiques des animaux, X European Conference on Animal Blood Groups and Biochemical Polymorphisms, 159–164.Google Scholar
- Hojny, J. and Hála, K., 1965. A contribution to the study of the blood group system A in pigs. Blood Groups of Animals, Proceedings of the 9th European Animal Blood Group Conference, 155–161.Google Scholar
- Matousek, J., 1965. Antigenicity and polymorphism of the ovarian follicle fluids in cows. Blood Groups of Animals, Proceedings of the 9th European Animal Blood Group Conference, 359–368.Google Scholar
- Matoušek, J., Dostál, J. and Fulka, J., 1966. Antigenicity and polymorphism of the seminal vesicle fluid in boars, Proceedings of the Xth European Conference on Animal Blood Groups and Biochemical Polymorphisms, 523–531.Google Scholar
- Matoušek, J. and Schröffel, J., 1967. Blutgruppensubstanzen A, Na und polymorphe Merkmale im Serum und in der Follikularflüssigkeit der Ovarien von Sauen, Fortpfl. Haust.,3, 118–123.Google Scholar
- Matoušek, J., Blood group system J in cattle reproduction, Fortpfl. Haust. (In press).Google Scholar
- Podliachouk, L. and Eyquem, A., 1956. Les antigénes érythrocytaires et plasmatiques des porcs, Ann. Inst. Pasteur,91, 751–758.Google Scholar
- Quinlivan, W.L. G., 1966. Antigen-antibody reactions with human semen, Fertil. Steril,17, 722–730.Google Scholar
- Sedläkovä, E., 1966. Frakcionace bílkovin semennych vakû kance a isolace aglutinujiciho faktoru. Dissertation Thesis, Laboratory of Physiology and Genetics of Animals, Libëchov.Google Scholar