Blood Group Studies on the B-alleles of Red and White Lowland Cattle
Eight hundred and ten blood samples of Lowland Red and White cattle from the south Wroclaw and Opole regions were investigated. This represents a 0.3% proportion of the total population of the breed.
Blood group phenotypes were identified by the use of 44 reagents (24 reagents of B-system). In the tested cattle we were to establish 90 different B-alleles, of which 15 had a frequency above 1%, and 5 had a frequency above 5%: b (18.03%), G2Y2E′ (17.43%), O′ (7.55%), O1 (6.78%) and G″ (6.51%).
In 667 of the samples we were able to establish both B-alleles, in 118 samples only one B-allele and in 25 samples the B-alleles could not be identified.
The frequency of the antigens in the A, C., FV, J, SU and Z systems was established and is recorded as a percentage.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bouw, J., 1960. The genetical composition of the Dutch cattle breeds as determiner by the frequencies of blood groups, Zeit, für Tierzüchtung u. Züchtungsbiol., B 7–4, 248–266.Google Scholar
- Fąfrowicz, B., 1966. Struktura genealogiczna stada zarodowego nczb w POHZ Szczytna Slaska (Genealogical structure of the Lowland Red and White breed in the State Farm of pedigree breeding at Szczytna Alaska). Praca magisterska, Krakow.Google Scholar
- Pawlik, St., 1964. Struktura genealogiczna stada rasy nizinnej czerwono-bialej w POHZ Glogöwek (Genealogical structure of Lowland Red and White breed in the State Farm of pedigree breeding at Głogówek). Praca magisterska, Kraków.Google Scholar
- Rabek, A., 1957. Hodowla bydla nizinnego czerwono-białego w Polsce (The breeding of Lowland Red and White cattle in Poland), Przegląd Hodowlany, 9, 79–83.Google Scholar
- Wężyk, S. et al., 1966. Analiza genetyczna grup krewniaczych buhajów rasy nczb eksploatowanych w PZUZ (The genetical analysis of related Red and White bull groups in A.I. stations). Wyniki Oceny Wartości Użytkowej Zwierząt, 3, PWRiL, 8–10.Google Scholar