Specificities of Antibodies Detecting Antigenic Substances on Cattle Red Blood Cells
In this report an analysis is presented of the specificities of antibodies which are in use in studies of blood groups of the system B in cattle. This analysis is based upon observations which are made in studies of the genetic control and the serologic reactivity of the antigens which are detected with these antibodies. On basis of the results of these analyses the authors will demonstrate that several populations of antibodies which are used as reagents are reacting specifically with 2 or more distinctly different antigenic factors.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bouw, J. and Fiorentini, A., 1970. Structure of loci controlling complex blood group systems in cattle. XIth European Conference on Animal Blood Groups and Biochemical Polymorphism, pp. 109–113, The Hague-Warszawa.Google Scholar
- Eisen, H. N., Simms, E. S., Little, Jr. and Steiner, L. A., 1964. Affinities of anti-2, 4-dinitro phenyl (DNP) antibodies induced by s-41-mono-DNP-ribonuclease, Fed. Proc, 23, 559.Google Scholar
- Ferguson, L. C., Stormont, C. and Irwin, M. R., 1942. On additional antigens in the erythrocytes of cattle. J. Immun., 44, 147–164.Google Scholar
- Fiorentini, A. and Galizzi, S., 1968. La produzione dei reagenti iso-immuni anti erythrocitari. Nota 1° Influenza dell’età e dello stato fisiologico, Atti Soc. Ital. Sc. Veter. (In press).Google Scholar
- Grosclaude, F., 1965. Studies on the blood group system in French Cattle Breeds, Proc. 9th Eur. An. Blood Group, 79–85.Google Scholar
- Landsteiner, K., 1945. The specificity of Serological reactions, Harward Univ. Press, Cambridge, Mass., 14, 310.Google Scholar
- Luderitz, O., Stamb, A. M. and Westphal, O., 1966. Immunochemistry of 0 and R antigens of Salmonella and related Enterobacteriaceae, Bacteriology Rev., 30, 192–195.Google Scholar
- Owen, R. D., 1958. Immunogenetics, Proc. Int. Congr. Genetic 10th, Montreal, I, 364–374.Google Scholar
- Stone, W. H. and Miller, W. J., 1961. Naturally occurring iso-antibodies of the S blood group system in cattle, J. Immunology, 86, 165–169.Google Scholar
- Stormont, C., 1964. Mammalian immunogenetics. Proc. 11th Int. Cong, of Genetics, 715–722.Google Scholar
- Watkins, W. M., 1966. Blood group substances, Science, 152, 172–180.Google Scholar