Hormonal Regulation of Plant Development in the Studies by M. Kh. Chailakhyan
March 21, 2002, marked the 100th birthday of Mikhail Khristoforovich Chailakhyan (1902-2002). M. Kh. Chailakhyan was a well-known scientist in the field of hormonal regulation of plant growth and development. His research activity extended more than sixty years and included a wide range of problems devoted to fundamental aspects of plant ontogeny. His works included investigations of the mechanisms of flowering, tuberization, sex expression, and the integrity of the plant organism. He published more than four hundred papers and monographs. In this short report it is impossible to cover all of his works, so here only some of the most characteristic trends of his investigations will be described.
KeywordsIned Vegetat Etative Phase Leafless Plant Flowering Tobacco Plant
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bazyan, L. and Chailakhyan, M. (eds) (2002) Portrait of a Scientist in the Interiere, SIP MRA, Moscow, in Russ., 194 pp.Google Scholar
- Chailakhyan, M.Kh. (1937) Hormonal Theory of Plant Development, Akad. Nauk USSR, Moscow, in Russ., 198 pp.Google Scholar
- Chailakhyan, M.Kh. (1980) Materials to Bibliography of USSR Scientists, Nauka, Moscow, in Russ., pp. 3–25.Google Scholar
- Chailakhyan, M.Kh. (1984) Photoperiodic and Hormonal Control of Tuber Formation in Plants, Nauka. Moscow, in Russ., 68 pp.Google Scholar
- Chailakhyan, M.Kh. (1988) Control of the Higher Plant Flowering. Nauka. Moscow. in Russ., 559 pp. Chailakhyan, M.Kh., Grigorieva, N.Y. and Lozhnikova, V.N. (1977) The effect of extracts from the leaves of flowering tobacco plants on the flowering of Chenopodium rubrum seedlings and plantlets, Soviet Plant Physiol. 24, 773–776.Google Scholar
- Chailakhyan, M.Kh. and Khryanin, V.N. (1982) Sexuality of Plants and Its Hormonal Regulation, Nauka, Moscow, in Russ., 173 pp.Google Scholar
- Chailakhyan, M.Kh., Lozhnikova, V.N., Grigorieva, N.Y. and Dudko, N.D. (1984) Effect of extracts from the leaves of vegetating tobacco plants on the flowering of Chenopodium rubrum seedlings and plantlets, Dokl. Acad. Nauk USSR 274, 1276–1280.Google Scholar
- Lang, A. (1994) Hormonal regulation of plant flowering, in: The First Chailakhyan’s Reading, ONTI Puschino, pp. 27–58.Google Scholar