Distributed Transducer Design for Intelligent Structural Components
- 165 Downloads
Modern structural systems are being designed to meet increasingly stringent performance specifications. Often these specifications require structural optimization and/or the addition of control systems in order to meet system performance measures. In the case of aerospace vehicles such structures will in general be lightweight, compact, and may incorporate structural components which are lightly damped and have low mass density. It is possible for the combined effects of such designs to cause the resulting structure to have slow responses and relatively long decay times which tend to undermine performance objectives and degrade system stability.
KeywordsMode Shape Cantilever Beam Power Flow Control Moment Control Distribution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- de Lafontaine, J. and Stieber, M., 1987, “Sensor/Actuator Selection and Placement for Control of Elastic Continua”, in H. Rauch ( Ed. ), Control of Distributed ParameterGoogle Scholar
- Systems (1986), Proceedings of the Fourth IFAC Symposium of Control of Distributed Parameter Systems, Los Angeles CA, pp. 225–232.Google Scholar
- Lee, C.K. and Moon, F., 1986,”Laminated piezopolymer plates for torsion and bending sensors and actuators”, Journal of Acoustical Society of America,85(6), pp.723–726.Google Scholar
- Lee, C.K., Chiang, W.W. and Sullivan, T.C., 1989, “PVF2 modal sensors and actuators achieving critical active damping on a cantilever plate”, Proceedings of the AIAA/ASCE/AHS 30th Structures, Structural Dynamics and Materials Conference.Google Scholar
- Leissa,A., 1969, “Vibration of plates”, NASA-SP-160, Scientific and Technical Information Division, Office of Technology Utilization, National Aeronautics and Space Administration.Google Scholar
- Love,A.,1944, A Treatise on the Mathematical Theory of Elasticity, Dover Publications, New York NY.Google Scholar
- Macauley, W., 1919, “Note on the deflection of beams”, Mes. Math., (48), pp. 129–130.Google Scholar
- Miller, S. and Hubbard, Jr., J.E., 1987,” Observability of a Bernoulli-Euler beam using PVF2 as a distributed sensor”, Proceedings of Sixth VPI&SU/AIAA Symposium on Dynamics and Control of Large Structures,pp. 375–390.Google Scholar
- Norris, C., Wilbur, J. and Utku, S., 1976, Elementary structural analysis, 3rd Edition, McGraw Hill.Google Scholar