Intelligent Sensor Systems for Underwater Acoustic Applications
- 168 Downloads
Intelligent sensors for underwater acoustic applications are detection techniques that discriminate between the acoustic pressure wave field such that a manipulation of these waves can be performed. This is in contrast to smart vibration sensors that detect the modal or displacement characteristics of a structure. Intelligent sensors can characterize an acoustic pressure field into individual field components for signal processing purposes.
KeywordsSeparation Distance Surface Acoustic Wave Acoustic Field Acoustic Pressure Pulse Tube
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bobber, R. J., 1970, Underwater Electroacoustic Measurements, U. S. Government Printing Office, Washington, DC.Google Scholar
- Enokida, T., Hamada, H., Miura, T., Takahashi, M., Kuribayashi, T. and Asami, K., 1986, “Design of electric sound cancellation system for air-conditioning ducts,” Inter-Noise, Vol. 86, pp. 589–594.Google Scholar
- Goldstein, R. J., 1983, Fluid Mechanics Measurements, Hemisphere Publishing Company, Springer-Verlag, New York.Google Scholar
- Guicking, D., Karcher, K. and Rollwage, M., 1983, “Active control of the acoustic reflection coefficient at low frequencies,” Inter-Noise, Vol. 83, pp. 419–422.Google Scholar
- Haritonidis, J. H., 1989, “The measurement of wall shear stress,” Advances in Fluid Mechanics Measurements, Springer-Verlag, New York.Google Scholar
- Howarth, T. R., Bao, X.-Q., Varadan, V. K. and Varadan, V. V., 1989a, Large area sensors for active acoustic control systems Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, \bl. 85 (Suppl. 1), S92.Google Scholar
- Howarth, T. R., Bao, X.-Q., Varadan, V. K. and Varadan, V. V., 1989b, “Sensor design for an active underwater acoustic attenuation control system coating,” Journal of Wave-Material Interaction, Vol. 4, pp. 83–88..Google Scholar
- Howarth, T R., 1991, Active Underwater Acoustic Attenuation Coatings, Ph.D. Thesis in Engineering Science and Mechanics, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania.Google Scholar
- IEEE Publication, 1987, “Special Issue on Acoustic Sensors,” IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control, Vol. 34.Google Scholar
- Nitsche,W. and Mirow, P., 1989, “Piezoelectric foils as a means of sensing unsteady surface forces,” Experiments in Fluids, Vol. 7, pp. 111–118.Google Scholar
- Roh, Y. R., 1990, Development of Local/Global SAW Sensors for Measurement of Wall Shear Stress in Turbulent Flows, Ph.D. Thesis in Engineering Science and Mechanics, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania.Google Scholar