Nova V1974 Cygni 1992: Variability of the Spectra in the Nebular Phase
Nova V1974 Cygni was discovered by Collins (1992) on Feb 19 1992 (t 0) still in its brightening stage (final rise) as a nova of magnitude V = 6.8. The nova reached the principal maximum V0 ~4.4 on Feb. 22.5. It is then one of the brightest novae in 20 years. The appearance at the end of April of forbidden lines of [Ne III] and [Ne V] and their strengthening is sufficient to qualify V1974 Cygni as a “neon nova”.
KeywordsLine Ratio Reverse Shock Ionization Line Soft Component Hard Component
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chocol, D., Hric, L., Urban, Z., Komzik, R., Grygar, R. and Popousek, J. (1993) A&A 277, 103Google Scholar
- Collins, P. (1992) IAU Circ. No. 5454 Google Scholar
- Collodel, L., Contini, M. and Rafanelli, P. (1997), in preparationGoogle Scholar
- Gull, S.F. (1973) MNRS 161, 47Google Scholar
- Paresce, F. (1994) A&A 282, L13Google Scholar
- Rafanelli, P., Rosino, L. and Radovich, M. (1995) A&A 294, 488Google Scholar