Cylindrical Shells of Composite Materials
In considering cylindrical shells of composite anisotropic materials the equilibrium equations, strain-displacement equations and compatibility equations are the same as those used in Chapter 3 for cylindrical shells of isotropic materials. Only the stress-strain relations (i.e. the constitutive relations) differ. For the most general case the proper constitutive relations are given by (14.63) and (14.61).
KeywordsCylindrical Shell Stress Couple Circular Cylindrical Shell Transverse Shear Deformation Interlaminar Stress
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 15.1.Wu, C-I., “On Vibrations of Laminated Anisotropic Plates and Shells,” Ph.D. Dissertation, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, University of Delaware, 1971.Google Scholar
- 15.2.Kliger, H. S. and J. R. Vinson, “Stresses in Circular Cylindrical Shells of Composite Materials Subjected to Localized Loads,” AFOSR TR-73–0494, January, 1973.Google Scholar
- 15.3.Kliger, H. S., J. R. Vinson and G. Z. Forristall, “Stresses in Circular Cylindrical Shells of Composite Materials Subjected to Localized Loads,” Composite Materials and Their Use in Structures, by J. R. Vinson and T-W. Chou, Applied Science Publishers, Ltd., London, 1975.Google Scholar
- 15.4.Waltz, T. L. “Interlaminar Stresses in Laminated Cylindrical Shells of Composite Materials,” M.M.A.E. Thesis, University of Delaware, 1975.Google Scholar
- 15.6.Daugherty, R. L., “Stresses and Displacements in Shells of Revolution of Composite Materials,” Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Delaware, June, 1971.Google Scholar
- 15.7.Zukas, J. A. and J. R. Vinson, “Laminated Transversely Isotropic Cylindrical Shells”, Journal of Applied Mechanics, pp. 400–407, June, 1971.Google Scholar
- 15.8.Daugherty, R. L. and J. R. Vinson, “Asymptotic Solution for Noncircular Cylinders of Pyrolytic Graphite”, Developments in Mechanics, Vol. 5, Proceedings of the 11th Midwestern Mechanics Conference, pp. 563–576, 1969.Google Scholar
- 15.13.Reissner, E., “On Some Problems of Shell Theory”, Structural Mechanics, Proceedings of the First Symposium on Naval Structural Mechanics, Pergamon Press, pp. 74–114, 1960.Google Scholar
- 15.Hoa, S. V., “Analysis for Design of Fiber Reinforced Plastic Vessels and Piping”, Technomic Publishing, Co., Inc., Lancaster, PA.Google Scholar
- 15.16.Stanley, G., I. Levit, B. Stehlin and B. Hurlbut, “Adaptive Finite Element Strategies for Shell Structures”, AIAA Paper 92–2292, 1992.Google Scholar
- 15.17.Noor, A. K. and W. S. Burton, “Computational Models for High-Temperature Multilayered Composite Plates and Shells”, Applied Mechanics Reviews, May 1992.Google Scholar