Future developments in renal transplantation
There have been some exciting advances in transplant research in the past 5 years which are now beginning to have an impact on clinical practice. In this chapter six topics have been selected which are likely to have a profound influence on the results of renal transplantation:
The centre effect,
Cytotoxic antibody testing,
Blood transfusion and allograft enhancement,
Immunosuppression and Immunological monitoring.
KeywordsChronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Renal Transplantation Graft Survival Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology Locus Match
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bodmer, W. F., Batchelor, J.R., Bodmer, J.G., Festenstein, H. and Morris, P.J. (eds.) (1978). Histocompatibility Testing, 1977 (Report of the Seventh International Histocompatibility Workshop and Conference, Oxford). ( Copenhagen: Munksgaard )Google Scholar
- Calne, R.Y., Rolfes, K., White, D.J.G., Thiru, S., Evans, D.B., McMaster, P., Dunn, D. C., Craddock, G.N., Henderson, R. G., Aziz, S. and Lewis, P. (1979). Cyclosporin A initially as the only immunosuppressant in 34 recipients of cadaveric-organs: 32 kidneys, two pancreases and two livers. Lancet, 2, 1033PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Caine, R. Y., Rolfes, K., White, D.J.G., Thiru, S., Evans, D. B., Henderson, R., Hamilton, D.L., Boone, N., McMaster, P., Gibby, O. and Williams, R. (1981). Cyclosporin A in clinical organ grafting. Transplant. Proc., 13, 349Google Scholar
- Editorial (1978). Blood transfusions and renal transplantation. Lancet, 2, 193Google Scholar
- Kostakis, A.J., White, D.J.G. and Calne, R.Y. (1977). Prolongation of rat heart allograft survival by cyclosporin A. IRCS Med. Sci. Library Compendium, 5, 280Google Scholar
- Opelz, G., Sengar, D.P.S., Mickey, M. R. and Terasaki, P. I. (1973). Effect of blood transfusions on subsequent kidney transplants. Transplants. Proc., 5, 253Google Scholar
- Salaman, J. R. (1981). Pharmalogical immunosuppressive agents. In Salaman, J. R. (ed.). Immunosuppressive Therapy. pp. 3–18. ( Lancaster: MTP Press )Google Scholar
- UK Transplant: Annual Report (1978–1979) UK Transplant Service, Southmead Road, Bristol, UKGoogle Scholar
© MTP Press Limited 1983