Interstellar Matter Matiere Interstellaire
This report covers some of the developments in the field of Commission 34, between the summer of 1993 and 1996. My predecessor, Harm Habing, noted in the last report, published in 1994, “that the traditional way of reporting is no longer adequate and that we have to rethink the format of this periodic report”. Some limited progress towards this goal has since been made, and greater discretion is now granted to the organizing committees in the preparation of their reports. The main consequence, as far as Commission 34 is concerned, is that the present report is briefer than in the recent past and makes no pretence at being a comprehensive survey of the literature over the review period. Indeed, “Chemistry” and “Planetary Nebulae” are not covered at all, as they are the topics of recent IAU Symposia (nos. 178 and 180, respectively).
KeywordsStar Formation Interstellar Medium Molecular Cloud Dwarf Galaxy Star Formation Rate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cutri, R.M., & Latter, W.B. eds., 1994, First Symposium on the Infrared Cirrus and Diffuse Interstellar Clouds (San Francisco: ASP)Google Scholar
- Gredel, R., 1996, A&A, in pressGoogle Scholar
- Lucas, R., & Liszt, H.S., 1997, in Molecules in Astrophysics: probes and processes, IAU Symposium 178, ed. E.F. van Dishoeck (Dordrecht: Kluwer), in pressGoogle Scholar
- Meyer, D.M., Jura, M., & Cardelli, J.A., 1996, in preparationGoogle Scholar
- Meyer, D.M., 1997, in Molecules in Astrophysics: probes and processes, IAU Symposium 178, ed. E.F. van Dishoeck (Dordrecht: Kluwer), in press.Google Scholar
- Spaans, M., 1995, PhD Thesis, University of LeidenGoogle Scholar
- Tielens, A.G.G.M., & Snow, T.P., eds., 1995, Diffuse Interstellar Bands, (Dordrecht: Kluwer)Google Scholar