Some Basics of Unilateral Dynamics
In this Proceedings volume various situations are met in which the dynamical motion of collections of bodies subject to unilateral constraints of non-interpenetrability has to be calculated.
KeywordsContact Force Bilinear Form Normal Cone Differential Inclusion Unilateral Constraint
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Anitescu, F. A. Potra and D. E. Stewart (1998) Time-stepping for three-dimensional rigid body dynamics, in J. A. C. Martins and A. Klarbring (eds.), Computational Modeling of Contact and Friction, special issue of Computer Meth. in Appl. Mech. and Engng., to appear.Google Scholar
- 2.D. Baraff (1994) Fast contact force computation for non-penetrating rigid bodies, Computer Graphics (Proc. SIGGRAPH), 28, 23–34.Google Scholar
- 3.P. A. Cundall (1971) A computer model for simulating progressive large scale movements of blocky rock ystems, Proceedings of the Symposium of the International Society of Rock Mechanics, Nancy, France, Vol. 1, 132–150.Google Scholar
- 10.J. J. Moreau (1985) Standard inelastic shocks and the dynamics of unilateral constraints, in G. Del Piero and F. Maceri (eds.), Unilateral Problems in Structural Analysis, CISM Courses and Lectures, Vol. 288, Springer-Verlag, Wien, New York, 173–221.Google Scholar
- 11.J. J. Moreau (1988) Unilateral contact and dry friction in finite freedom dynamics, in J. J. Moreau and P. D. Panagiotopoulos (eds.), Nonsmooth Mechanics and Applications, CISM Courses and Lectures, Vol. 302, Springer-Verlag, Wien, New York, 1–82.Google Scholar
- 12.J. J. Moreau (1997) Numerical investigation of shear zones in granular materials, in P. Grassberger and D. Wolf (eds.) Proc. HLRZ-Workshop on Friction, Arching, Contact Dynamics, World Scientific, Singapore, 233–247.Google Scholar
- 13.J. J. Moreau (1998) Numerical aspects of the sweeping process, in J. A. C. Martins and A. Klarbring (eds.), Computational Modeling of Contact and Friction, special issue of Computer Meth. in Appl. Mech. and Engng., to appear.Google Scholar