Pathology of Brain Tumors and Its Clinicobiological Correlates
Part of the Developments in Oncology book series (DION, volume 66)
Pathologic features of brain tumors are considered as expression of tumor progression and anaplasia. At the same time they are evaluated as possible prognostic factors.
KeywordsBrain Tumor Glial Fibrillary Acidic Protein Malignant Glioma Primitive Neuroectodermal Tumor Endothelial Proliferation
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bailey, P., and Cushing, H. (1926) ‘Tumors of the glioma groups’, Lippincott, Philadelphia.Google Scholar
- Daumas-Duport, C., Scheithauer, B.W., O’Fallon, J. et al. (1988) ‘Grading of astrocytomas: a simple and reproducible grading method’, Cancer 62, 2152–2165.Google Scholar
- Holtzer, H. Biehl, J., Antin, P., et al (1985) ‘Quantal and proliferative cell cycles: how lineages generate cell diversity and maintain fidelity’, in A. Riss (ed), Globin gene expression and hematopoietic differentiation, New York, pp. 213–217.Google Scholar
- Ludwin, S.K (1984) ‘Proliferation of mature oligodendrocytes after trauma to the central nervous system’, Nature 308, 274–275.Google Scholar
- Mauro, A., Bulfone, A., Turco, E. et al. (1990) ‘Coexpression of platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) B chain and PDGF B-type receptor in human gliomas (submitted).Google Scholar
- Trojanowski, J.Q. (1990) ‘Primitive neuroectodermal tumors recapitulate stages in the normal differentiation of neural crest cells of the developing nervous system’, Biwako Symp on Brain Tumour pathology, Japan Soc brain tumor Path 26.Google Scholar
- Zimmerman, H.M. (1962) ‘Experimental brain tumors’, in W.S. Fields and P.C. Sharkey (eds), The biology and treatment of intracranial tumors, Thomas, Springfield, pp. 710.Google Scholar
- Westermark, B. (1989) ‘Growth factors and oncogenes in human malignant glioma’, J. Neuro-oncol 7, 110-suppl.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 1991