The HIV Infection
The acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) can well be considered the greatest health crisis in the twentieth century. This paper reviews the epidemiology, cause, clinical course, and prevention and treatment of the disease.
KeywordsHuman immunodefIciency Virus Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type Human immunodefIciency Virus Infection Acquire Immunodeficiency Syndrome Drug Abuser
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bisaccia, E., Berger C. and Klainer, A. S.: 1990, ‘Extracorporeal photopheresis in the treatment of AIDS-related complex: A pilot study’, Annals of Internal Medicine 113, 270–275.Google Scholar
- Ho, D. D., Bredesen, D. E., Vinters, H. V. et al.: 1989, ‘The acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) dementia complex’, Annals of Internal Medicine 111, 400–410.Google Scholar
- Osmond, D.: International epidemiology of AIDS. AIDS KnowledgeBase from San Francisco General Hospital. Updated September 1990.Google Scholar
- Rubin, R. H.: 1989, Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome. In: Rubenstein, E., Federman, D. D. (eds.), Scientific American Medicine 7.XI.1–20, New York: Scientific AmericanGoogle Scholar
- Scientific American, AIDS, volume 259, number 4, 1988, entire issue.Google Scholar