Groundnut production and trade
This chapter focuses on major issues and implications of groundnut production, processing, distribution and consumption, discussion of yields and area harvested, world prices and trade illustrates strong and weak links in the world groundnut sector.
KeywordsAverage Yield Average Area Snack Food Major Exporter High Yielding Cultivar
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Fletcher, S.M., Zhang, P. and Carley, D.H. (1992) Peanuts: Production, Utilization and Trade in the 1980s. Department of Agricultural and Applied Economies, College of Agriculture, University of Georgia, FS-91-32.Google Scholar
- Food and Agricultural Organization Production Yearbook, United Nations Organization, various issues.Google Scholar
- Food and Agricultural Organization Trade Yearbook, United Nations Organization, various issues.Google Scholar
- Mundlak, Y., Cavallo, D. and Domenech, R. (1989) Agriculture and economic growth in Argentina, 1913–1984, IFPRI, Research Report 76.Google Scholar
- US Department of Agriculture World Oilseed Situation and Market Highlights, Foreign Agriculture Circular, various issues.Google Scholar