- 48 Downloads
There has been a recent move towards integration of Natural Language and Vision Processing (NLP and VP) in the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI) (see Denis and Carfantan 1993, Dennett 1991, Mc Kevitt 1994a, 1994b, Pentland 1993, and Wilks and Okada (in press)). The focus here is intelligent multimedia and as such involves the integration of models and systems from the fields of AI and multimedia. The founding of this field is well described in Maybury (1993)1 and Mark provides an appendix to his paper here which acts as a very useful quick guide to the current literature. This issue is the third of a Special Volume to focus on the Integration of Natural Language and Vision Processing, the others concentrating on models, systems and theory. Issues consist of site descriptions, papers and book reviews. Here, we have four site descriptions, seven papers and one book review.
KeywordsVision Processing Multimedia Presentation Physical Science Research Council Conceptual Dependency Rhetorical Relation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Denis M. & Carfantan, M. (eds.) (1993). Images et langages: Multimodalité et modelisation cognitive. Actes du Colloque Interdisciplinaire du Comité National de la Recherche Scientifique, Salle des Conférences, Siège du CNRS, Paris, April.Google Scholar
- Dennett, D. (1991). Consciousness Explained. Penguin: Harmondsworth.Google Scholar
- Graves, G. (1993). This Dignital Baby Responds to Coos and Goos. Tech Watch, Computer Graphics World 16, July.Google Scholar
- Maybury, M. (ed.) (1993). Intelligent Multimedia Interfaces. AAAI Press: Menlo Park, CA.Google Scholar
- Mc Kevitt, P. (1994a). Visions for language. In Proceedings of the Workshop on Integration of Natural Language and Vision Processing, Twelfth American National Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-94), Seattle, Washington, U.S.A., August, 47–57.Google Scholar
- Mc Kevitt, P. (ed.) (1994b). Proceedings of the Workshop on Integration of Natural Language and Vision Processing. Twelfth American National Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-94), Seattle, Washington, U.S.A., August.Google Scholar
- Pentland, A. (ed.) (1993). Looking at People: Recognition and Interpretation of Human Action. IJCAI-93 Workshop (W28) at the 13th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI-93), Chambéry, France, E.U., August.Google Scholar
- Wilks, Y. & Okada, N. (eds.) (in press). Computer Language & Vision Across the Pacific. Ablex: Norwood, NJ.Google Scholar