Part of the Astrophysics and Space Science Library book series (ASSL, volume 17)
High Frequency Electrostatic Waves in the Magnetosphere
Several theories of high frequency electrostatic instabilities are reviewed, and examples of relevant OGO 5 observations are presented.
KeywordsCyclotron Frequency Electron Cyclotron Cold Electron Electrostatic Wave Thermal Speed
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Coleman, P. J. and Russell, C. T.: 1969, private communication.Google Scholar
- Kennel, C. F., Fredricks, R. W., and Scarf, F. L.: 1969, Trans. Amer. Geophys. Union 50, 291.Google Scholar
- Perkins, F. W.: 1968, J. Geophys. Res. 73, 6631.Google Scholar
- Roederer, J.: 1968, in Earth’s Particles and Fields (ed. by B. M. McCormac) Reinhold Publishing Corporation, New York, p. 193.Google Scholar
- Rosenbluth, M. N.: 1965, Plasma Physics, IAEA, Vienna, 499.Google Scholar
© D. Reidel Publishing Company, Dordrecht, Holland 1970