The Monte Carlo Method
We give here a detailed technical description of a Monte Carlo scheme for the dynamical evolution of spherical stellar systems. The philosophy of the method, as well as a few illustrative results, are given elsewhere (Hénon, 1972, hereafter called I).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chandrasekhar, S.: 1942, Principles of Stellar Dynamics, Dover PublicationsGoogle Scholar
- Hénon, M.: 1966, Compt. Rend. Acad. Sci. Paris 262, 666.Google Scholar
- Hénon, M.: 1972, this volume, p. 44.Google Scholar
- Spitzer, L., Jr. and Shapiro, S. L.: 1971, to be published.Google Scholar
- Spitzer, L., Jr. and Thuan, T. X.: 1971, to be published.Google Scholar