Calculations of Magnetospheric Electric Fields
This paper will describe efforts to compute theoretically the electric field and plasma distributions in the magnetosphere. In the last few years, such efforts have been made by Block (1966), Iwasaki and Nishida (1967), Karlson (1971), Swift (1971), Vasyliunas (1970, 1972), Wolf (1970), and Jaggi and Wolf (1973). The physical basis of all this work is pretty much the same; the differences lie in the details of the approximations.
KeywordsField Line Equatorial Plane Flux Tube Auroral Zone Auroral Electrojet
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bohse, J. R. and Aggson, T. L.: 1973, EOS, Trans. Amer. Geophys. Union 54, 417.Google Scholar
- Iwasaki, N. and Nishida, A.: 1967, Rept. Ionosph. Space Res. Japan, 21, 17.Google Scholar
- Karlson, E. T.: 1971, Cosmic Electrodyn. 1, 474.Google Scholar
- Vasyliunas, V. M.: 1970, in B. M. McCormac (ed.), Particles and Fields in the Magnetosphere, D. Rei-del Publishing Company, Dordrecht-Holland, p. 60.Google Scholar
- Vasyliunas, V. M.: 1972, in B. M. McCormac (ed.), Earth’s Magnetospheric Processes, D. Reidel Publishing Company, Dordrecht-Holland, p. 29.Google Scholar