Field Aligned Currents in the Magnetosphere
This paper deals with field aligned currents in general. Specific topics are: a brief review of the well established features; new results from the triaxial magnetometer experiment on the TRIAD satellite; comparison of the results from a variety of studies; relation of field aligned currents to other areas of research; and comments on future studies.
KeywordsPlasma Sheet Auroral Oval Disturbance Field Auroral Latitude Local Time Interval
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Akasofu, S.-I.: 1970, in B. M. McCormac (ed.), Particles and Fields in the Magnetosphere D. Reidel Publishing Company, Dordrecht-Holland, p. 34.Google Scholar
- Armstrong, J. C. and Zmuda, A. J.: 1973a, J. Geophys. Res. to be published.Google Scholar
- Behannon, K. W.: 1969, GSFC Preprint X–616–69–146.Google Scholar
- Berko, F. W., Hoffman, R. A., Burton, R. K., and Holzer, R. E.: 1973, GSFC Preprint X–646–73–45.Google Scholar
- Birkeland, K.: 1908, in The Norwegian Aurora Polaris Expedition 1902–1903,H. Aschehoug, Christiania, Norway, Vol. 1, Sec. 1.Google Scholar
- Block, L. P.: 1972, Cosmic Electrodyn. 3, 349.Google Scholar
- Boström, R.: 1974, this volume, p. 45.Google Scholar
- Taylor, H. E. and Perkins, F. W.: 1971, J. Geophys. Res. 76, 272; Correction, 1971, J. Geophys. Res. 76, 6210.Google Scholar
- Vasyliunas, V. M.: 1970, in B. M. McCormac (ed.), Particles and Fields in the Magnetosphere, D. Reidel Publishing Company, Dordrecht-Holland, p. 60.Google Scholar
- Vasyliunas, V. M.: 1972, Paper, Solar-Terrestrial Relations Conference, Calgary, Canada.Google Scholar