Coincidences Between Magnetic Oscillations and Hα Bright Points
The origin of the solar oscillations and the interaction with the magnetic field are usually considered as two distinct problems. Four hours of 1 minute cadence full-disk dopplergrams, longitudinal magnetograms and intensity images, taken in the sodium D lines at Kanzelhöhe Solar Observatory, have been analyzed to investigate possible spatial correlations between the magnetic oscillations and the Hα bright points. The phase relation between the velocity and intensity images is used to enhance the magnetic signatures in the low spatial resolution images. The coincidences between the magnetic oscillations locations and the Hα bright points suggest to investigate the magnetic reconnections as a possible source of solar oscillations.
KeywordsIntensity Image Bright Point Magnetic Oscillation Solar Oscillation Magnetic Field Fluctuation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cacciani, A., Hanslmeier, A., Messerotti, M., Moretti, P.F., Otruba, W., and Pettauer,Th.: 1997, in A. Hanslmeier and M. Messerotti (eds.), Motions in the Solar Atmosphere,Kluwer, Dordrecht, 271.Google Scholar
- Cacciani, A., Di Martino, V., Jefferies, S.M., and Moretti, P.F.: 1998, in Structure and Dynamics of the Interior of the Sun and Sun-like Stars, ESA-SP 418, 617.Google Scholar
- Haber, D.A., Toomre, J. Hill, F., and Gough, D.: 1998, in E.J. Rolfe (ed.), Seismology of the Sun and Sun-like Stars, ESA-SP 286, 301.Google Scholar
- Moretti, P.F., and the MOF Development Group: 2000, Solar Phys., in press.Google Scholar
- Moretti, P.F., Oliviero, M., Severino, G., and the MOF Development Group: 2000, Mem.S.A.It., in press.Google Scholar
- Oliviero, M., Severino, G., and Straus, Th.: 1998, in Structure and Dynamics of the Interior of the Sun and Sun-like Stars, ESA-SP 418, 275.Google Scholar