A Note on Wavemap-Tensor Cosmologies
We examine theories of gravity which include finitely many coupled scalar fields with arbitrary couplings to the curvature (wavemaps). We show that the most general scalar-tensor σ-model action is conformally equivalent to general relativity with a minimally coupled wavemap with a particular target metric. Inflation on the source manifold is then shown to occur in a novel way due to the combined effect of arbitrary curvature couplings and wavemap self-interactions. A new interpretation of the conformal equivalence theorem proved for such ‘wavemaptensor’ theories through brane-bulk dynamics is also discussed.
KeywordsEinstein-wavemap system inflationary cosmologies
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Kolb, E.W., and M.S. Turner, The Early Universe, (Addison Wesley, 1990).Google Scholar
- Linde, A., Particle Physics and Inflationary Cosmology, (Harwood, 1990).Google Scholar
- Choquet-Bruhat Y., in, Mathematical and Quantum Aspects in Relativity and Cosmology, S. Cotsakis and G.W. Gibbons (eds.) (Springer, 1999).Google Scholar
- Shatah J. and M. Struwe, Geometric Wave Equations, Courant Lecture Notes in Mathematics #2, 1998.Google Scholar
- Carter, B., Essentials of classical brane dynamics, gr-qc/0012036.Google Scholar
- Schouten J.A., Ricci Calculus, (Springer, Berlin, 1954).Google Scholar
- Vilenkin A., Cosmological constant problems and their solutions, hep-th/0106083.Google Scholar