The Future of Small, Inexpensive, Continuously Operating, Wide Field Cameras
New technology makes it possible to continuously monitor and store the entire optical nighttime sky and place this information on the World Wide Web for anyone in the world. This makes it possible for a global network of wide-angle night sky web cameras that operate 24/7/365 and deliver photometric accuracy.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Barthelmy, S. 2001, private communication.Google Scholar
- Hogg, D. W. et al. 2001, http://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/astro-ph/0106511.
- Marshall, S. et al. 1997, Bull. Am. Astron. Soc., 191, # 48.15Google Scholar
- McGlynn, T., Scollick, K., White, N., SkyView: The Multi-Wavelength Sky on the Internet, McLean, B.I. et al., New Horizons from Multi-Wavelength Sky Surveys, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1996, IAU Symposium No. 179, p465.Google Scholar
- Nemiroff, R. J. & Rafert, J. B. 1999, PASP.Google Scholar
- Nemiroff, R. J., Rafert, J. B., Ftaclas, C., Perez-Ramirez, D., Pereira, W. 2002, PASP, in preparation.Google Scholar
- Ricker, G. 2001, private communication.Google Scholar