An Implication on the Excitation Mechanism of AGB Variables
Recent progress in observational and theoretical studies implies a scheme about the excitation mechanism of AGB variables. The coupling between the pulsation and the convective motion of the stellar envelope is to be studied as the cause of AGB variables.
KeywordsVariable stars stellar pulsations nonlinear dynamics large-scale photometry AGB variables
- Ambika, G., Kembhavi, A.K., & Mattei, J.A.: n.d., presented at the workshop on Celestial Mechanics and Dynamical Systems held at IUCAA, Pune, 2001.Google Scholar
- Buchler, J.R., & Kolláth, Z. 2001, nlin.CD/0109028 (in French)Google Scholar
- Buchler, J.R., Kolláth, Z., & Cadmus, R. 2001, astro-ph/0106329Google Scholar
- Noda, S., Takeuti, M. et al. 2002, in preparationGoogle Scholar
- Wood, P. R., Alcock, C., Allsman, R.A. et al. 1999, in IAU Symp. 191, Asymptotic Giant Branch Stars, eds. T. le Bertre, A. Lèbre, & C. Waelkens (San Fransisco: ASP), 151Google Scholar