Early Detection of Acute Myocardial Ischaemia and Infarction by Cross-Sectional Echocardiography
Early detection of acute myocardial infarction may help to reduce cardiovascular morbidity and mortality. Traditional diagnostic techniques have relied upon standard 12-lead electrocardiographic patterns and elevated serum cardiac enzymes. The results of these investigations may be inconclusive or unavailable during the early hours following infarction.
KeywordsAcute Myocardial Infarction Ischaemic Heart Disease Coronary Care Unit Acute Myocardial Ischaemia Left Ventricular Wall Motion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Meltzer R, G Jang, J Woythaler, E Alderman, R Popp, D Harrison: Circulation (abstr) 60,4: 11–152, 1975.Google Scholar
- 4.Heger J, A Weyman, S Wann, E Rogers, J Dillon, H Feigenbaum: Cross-sectional echocardiographic analysis of the extent of left ventricular asynergy in acute myocardial infarction. Circulation 61, 6: 1113, 1980.Google Scholar
- 5.Nelson J, M Quinones, W Winters, D Kenon, A Waggoner, R Miller: Circulation (Abstr) 62, 4: No. 1268, 1980.Google Scholar
- 6.World Health Organisation: Hypertension and coronary heart disease: Classification and criteria for epidemiological studies. Technical report of the World Health Organisation, series No. 168, 1959.Google Scholar
- 7.Visser C, R Lie, J Durrer, F van Capelle, D Durrer: Quantification and localisation of uncomplicated acute myocardial infarction by cross-sectional echocardiography (abstr), Circulation 60,4: 11–152, 1979.Google Scholar
- 8.Rogers E, A Weyman, H Feigenbaum, J Heger, J Dillon: Predicting survival after myocardial infarction by cross-sectional echo (abst) Circulation 57, 58: Suppl II: II-907, 1978.Google Scholar
- 11.Wynne J, J Birnholz, H Finberg, J Alpert: Regional left ventricular wall motion in acute myocardial infarction as assessed by two-dimensional echocardiography (abstr). Circulation 56 (Suppl III): III-152, 1977.Google Scholar
- 12.Corya B: Applications of echocardiography in acute myocardial infarction. Cardiovasc Clin II: 113, 1975.Google Scholar