Microcomputer-Based Waveform Analyzers and their Applications
The application area for waveform analysis instruments is considerably extended by the use of digitised signals and the signal processing capabilities of microcomputers. Wide band signals require digital to analogue converters with fast conversion rates, and techniques are available which achieve conversion times to 8-bit accuracy as low as a few nanoseconds. Various constraints are imposed on the signal processing algorithms by the quantisation of the analogue input signals. Two applications selected from a wide range are semiconductor device testing and signal spectral analysis.
KeywordsDigital Converter Cache Memory Waveform Analyzer Signal Processing Algorithm Automatic Test Equipment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Hnatek, E.; ‘A handbook of analogue to digital converters’, Wiley, 1976.Google Scholar
- 3.Shoreys, F.; ‘New approaches to high-speed high-resolution analogue- to-digital conversion’, IEE Electronics and Power, Feb. 1982, pp 175–179.Google Scholar
- 5.Robin, N.A. and Ramirez, B,; ‘Capture fast waveforms accurately with a 2-channel programmable digitiser’, Electronic Design, Feb. 1980, pp 50–55.Google Scholar
- 6.DL 920/922 Transient recorder technical manual, Data Laboratories Ltd.Google Scholar
- 7.Peatman, J.B.; ‘Microcomputer-based design’, McGraw-Hill, 1977.Google Scholar
- 8.Croson, E.B., Carlin, F.H. and Howard, J.A.; ‘Integrated arithmetic processing unit enhances processor execution times’, Computer Design, April 1981, pp 163–171.Google Scholar
- 9.Prendergast, E.J. and Jackson, R.D.; ‘Microcomputer-based power semiconductor waveform analyser’, Proc IEE, 12 7, 1980, pp 363–367.Google Scholar
- 12.Prendergast, E.J., and Jackson, R.D.; ‘Computer-aided design of thyristor circuits; the sparse-network tableau approach’, Proc IEE, 126, 1979, pp 369–374.Google Scholar
- 13.Hinsenkamp, M., and Burny, F. (Ed); ‘Electromagnetic stimulation of bone growth and repair’, Supplement 196, Acta Orthopaedica Scandinavia, Vol 53, 1982.Google Scholar