Part of the NATO ASI Series book series (ASIC, volume 136)
Explicit Algebraic Nth Order Approximations to PI
We present a family of algorithms for computing pi which converge with order m (m any integer larger than one). Details are given for two, three and seven.
KeywordsElliptic Function General Iteration Modular Equation Complete Elliptic Integral Digit Correct
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Borwein, J. M., and Borwein, P. B., “Cubic and higher order algorithms for π”, to appear, Canad. Math. Bull.Google Scholar
- 2.Borwein, J. M., and Borwein, P. B., “Elliptic integral and approximation of π’. Preprint.Google Scholar
- 3.Borwein, J. M., and Borwein, P. B., “The arithmetic-geometric mean and fast computation of elementary functions”, SIAM Review, 26, 1984.Google Scholar
- 7.Salarnin, E., “Computation of π using arithmetic-geometric mean”, Math. Comput. 135, 1976, pp. 565–570.Google Scholar
- 8.Tamura, Y., and Kanada, Y., “Calculation of π to 4, 196, 293 decimals based on Gauss-Legendre algorithm”, preprint.Google Scholar
© D. Reidel Publishing Company 1984