Evaluation of Automated Arrhythmia Monitors Using an Annotated ECG DATABASE
- 37 Downloads
This paper documents the design and development of the MIT/BIH arrhythmia database. This two-channel, digital database which contains a wide variety of ventricular and supraventricular arrhythmias is suitable for algorithm evaluation and development. Procedures ate suggested for its use, and examples of a variety of output formats are presented.
KeywordsAnnotation File Right Bundle Branch Block Arrhythmia Detector Atrial Premature Beat Annotation Code
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cox, J.R., Hermes, R.E. and Ripley, K.L. 1981. Evaluation of performance. In “Ambulatory Electrocardiographic Recording”. (Eds. N.K. Wenger, M.B. Mock and I. Ringqvist). (Yearbook Medical Publishers, Chicago). pp. 183–198.Google Scholar
- Hermes, R. and Oliver, G. 1980. Use of the American Heart Association Database. In “Ambulatory Electrocardiographic Recording”. (Eds. N.K. Wenger, M.B. Mock, and I. Ringqvist). (Yearbook Medical Publishers, Chicago). pp. 165–181.Google Scholar
- Mark, R.G., Schluter, P.S., Moody, G.B. et al. 1982. An annotated ECG database for evaluating arrhythmia detectors. In “Frontiers of Engineering in Health Care — 1982”. Proceedings of 4th Annual IEEE EMBS. pp. 205–210.Google Scholar
- “MIT-BIH Arrhythmia Database: Tape Directory and Format Specifications”. 1980. Biomedical Engineering Center for Clinical Instrumentation. Tech. Report No. 010. (MIT, Cambridge, Mass. 02139).Google Scholar
- Moody, G.B. and Mark, R.G. 1982. Development and evaluation of a 2-lead ECG analysis program. Computers in Cardiology (in press).Google Scholar
- Ripley, K. and Oliver, G.C. 1977. Development of an ECG database for arrhythmia detector evaluation. Computers in Cardiology. pp. 203–209.Google Scholar
- Ripley, K.L., Geselowitz, D.B. and Oliver, G.C. 1978. The American Heart Association database: A progress report. Computers in Cardiology. pp. 47–54.Google Scholar
- Schluter, P.S., Mark, R.G. and Moody, G.B. et al. 1980. Performance measures for arrhythmia detectors. Computers in Cardiology. pp. 267–270.Google Scholar
- Schluter, P.S. 1981. “The Design and Evaluation of a Bedside Cardiac Arrhythmia Monitor”. Ph.D. Thesis. Dept. of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, (MIT, Cambridge, Mass. 02139).Google Scholar