Lévy Walks Versus Lévy Flights
We explore the behavior of random walkers that fly instantaneously between successive sites, however distant, and those that must walk between these sites. The latter case is related to intermittent behavior in Joseph- son junctions and to turbulent diffusion.
KeywordsRandom Walk Turbulent Diffusion Successive Site Intermittent Behavior Gaussian Behavior
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- B. B. Mandelbrot, The Fractal Geometry of Nature ( Freeman, San Francisco, 1982 ).Google Scholar
- 2.E. W. Montroll, M. F. Shlesinger, in Studies in Statistical Mechanics, Vol. 11, “From Stochastics to Hydrodynamics,” eds. J. L. Lebowitz and E. W. Montroll ( North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1984 ), pp. 1 – 121.Google Scholar
- 6.F. Wegner, S. Grossman, Zeits. für Physik B 59, 197 (1985); S. Grossman and I. Procaccia, Phys. Rev. A 29, 1358 (1984).Google Scholar
- 7.B. Ya Balagorov, V. G. Vaks, Sov. Phys. JETP 38, 968 (1974).Google Scholar
- 8.B. Ninham, private communication.Google Scholar