Decisions with Usual Values
In many situations the type of information available to a decision maker consists of rules and/or payoffs which are based upon usual happenings. In this paper we provide a framework for making decisions in these kinds of environments.
KeywordsFuzzy Number Fuzzy Subset Possibility Distribution Approximate Reasoning Focal Element
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Yager, R.R., ‘On usual values in commonsense reasoning’, Tech. Report #MII-605, Machine Intelligence Institute, Iona College, 1986.Google Scholar
- Zadeh, L.A., ‘A theory of approximate reasoning’, in Machine Intelligence 9, Hayes, J. Michie, D., and Mikulich, L.I.(Edc), John Wiley and Sons: New York, 149–194, 19Google Scholar
- Yager, R.R., ‘The entailment principle for Dempster-Shafer granules’, Tech. Report #MII-512, Machine Intelligence Institute, Iona College, 1985.Google Scholar
- Yager, R.R., ‘On the Dempster-Shafer framework and new combination rules’, Tech. Report #MII-504, Machine Intelligence Institute, Iona College, 1985.Google Scholar
- Hayes-Roth, F., Waterman, D.A. & Lenant, D.B., Building Expert Systems, Addison-Wesley: Reading, Mass., 1983.Google Scholar