Radon-Nikodym Theorem for Fuzzy Set-Valued Measures*
We study fuzzy set-valued measures in a Banach space and their relationships with fuzzy random variables. This theory is motivated by the need for a rigorous framework for the problem of inexact measurement. Our main result is a theorem of the Radon-Nikodym type for a fuzzy measure which is absolutely continuous with respect to a probability measure. Our result extends corresponding results for vector measures and for set-valued measures.
KeywordsBanach Space Vector Measure Fuzzy Measure Fuzzy Random Variable Borel Measurable Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Debreu, G. (1966). ‘Integration of correspondences’. Proa. Fifth Berkeley Symp. Math. Statist. Probability 2, 351–372, University of California Press.Google Scholar
- 9.Dinculeanu, N. (1967). ‘Vector Measures’. Pergamon Press, New York. Google Scholar
- 10.Giné, E., Hahn, M. G., and Zinn, J. (1983). ‘Limit theorems for random sets: an application of probability in Banach Space results. Proa. Fourth Int. Conf. on Prob, in Banaeh Space, Oberwolfach, Springer Lecture Notes in Math. 990, 112–135.Google Scholar
- 12.Kendall, D. G. ( 1974). ‘Foundations of a theory of random sets’. In Stochastic Geometry (ed. E.F. Harding and D.G. Kendall), Wiley, New York.Google Scholar
- 13.Klement, E. P., Puri, M. L., and Ralescu, D. A. (1985). Limit theorems for fuzzy random variables. Technical report, Department of Mathematics, Indiana University.Google Scholar
- 16.Negoita, C. V. and Ralescu, D. A. (1975). ‘Applications of Fuzzy Sets to Systems Analysis. Wiley, New York.Google Scholar
- 20.Puri, M. L. and Ralescu, D. A. (1985). ‘The concept of normality for fuzzy random variables. To appear in Ann. Probability. Google Scholar
- 21.Puri, M. L. and Ralescu, D. A. (1985). ‘Fuzzy random variables’. To appear in J. Math. Analysis Applic. Google Scholar
- 23.Sugeno, M. (1977). ‘Fuzzy measures and fuzzy integrals — a survey’ In Fuzzy Automata and Decision Processes (ed. M. M. Gupta, G. N. Saridis, and B. R. Gaines), North Holland, Amsterdam, 89–102.Google Scholar