Cooperation in Astronomy Between Indonesia and Japan
The cooperation programme in astronomy between Indonesia and Japan is presented as an example of a well-coordinated bilateral cooperation between Asian countries. This cooperation has started in 1979, in the fields of galactic astronomy and stellar physics. The form of the cooperation is principally the exchange of persons between both countries for the purposes of collaborative works in some specific fields, the training of young astronomers, and technical cooperation. The main subjects of collaborative works are: (1) survey of red giants in the galactic center region, (2) survey of Hα-emission stars in some areas of the sky, (3) theoretical study of the dynamical evolution of stellar systems, (4) photoelectric observations of southern close binaries, (5) X-ray binaries and pulsars, (6) Be stars, and (7) other topics. The organization and main results of these works are presented, along with a future aspect of the cooperation.
KeywordsCollaborative Work Stellar System Future Aspect Photoelectric Observation Schmidt Telescope
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hamajima, K., Ishida, K., Ichikawa, T., Hidayat, B., and Raharto, M.: 1982, Contr. Bosscha Obs., No. 74.Google Scholar
- Ichikawa, T., Hamajima, K., Ishida, K., Hidayat, B., and Raharto, M.: 1982b, Contr. Bosscha Obs., No. 75.Google Scholar
- Kitamura, M. and Nakamura, Y.: 1983, Ann Tokyo Astron. Obs. 2nd Ser. 19, 413.Google Scholar
- Kitamura, M., Nakamura, Y., and Yamasaki, A.: 1983, Ann. Tokyo Astron. Obs. 2nd Ser. 19, 361.Google Scholar
- Maehara, H.: 1981, Proc. Schmidt Symp. 1981, p. 130 (in Japanese).Google Scholar
- Maehara, H.: 1982, Contr. Bosscha Obs., No. 71.Google Scholar
- Ohtani, H.: 1984, in M. Capaccioli (ed.), ‘Astronomy with Schmidt-Type Telescopes’, Proc. IAU Colloq. 78, 329.Google Scholar
- Raharto, M., Hamajima, K., Ichikawa, T., Ishida, K., and Hidayat, B.: 1983, Ann. Tokyo Astron. Obs., 2nd Ser. 19, No. 4, 469.Google Scholar
- Sutantyo, W.: 1982, private communication.Google Scholar
- Wiyanto, P., Kato, S. and Inagaki, S.: 1984, private communication.Google Scholar