The Design and Performance of a Digital Ionographic Imaging System
- 76 Downloads
The development and practical application of image processing procedures is a major undertaking [Andrews (1978)], and medical imaging is one of the more useful applications. Initially most effort in the field of informaticn processing for medical imaging was applied to nuclear medicine [Lasher et al (1983)] and computed tomography [Herman (1982)].
KeywordsInformation Processing Technique Digital Radiography Image Reading Line Spread Function Plain Film Radiography
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Andrews H C: Tutorial and selected papers in digital image processing. IEEE Computer Society, New York, 1978Google Scholar
- 2.Boag J W, Barish R J and Seelentag W W: Ionography, Proceedings of the L H Gray Conference. John Wiley and Sons Ltd, Chichester, 1976.Google Scholar
- 3.Booler R V and Moores B M: Resolution limits of a low pressure ionography chamber. To be published in Physics in Medicine and Biology, 1985.Google Scholar
- 4.Booler R V, Moores B M, Asbury D L: Large area ionography — preliminary results. Submitted for publication, 1985.Google Scholar
- 6.Cocklin M L, Lams P M: Digital radiology of the chest in Digital Radiology Physical and Clinical Aspects. Hospital Physicists’ Association London, 1984.Google Scholar
- 9.Herman G T: Image reconstruction from projections, the fundamentals of computerized tomography. Acadmeic Press, New York 1980.Google Scholar
- 11.Johns H E, Fenster A, Plewes D, Boag J W and Jeffrey P N: (Sas ionization methods of electrostatic image formation in radiography. British Journal of Radiology, 47, 519–529, 1974.Google Scholar
- 15.Lasher J C, Blumhardt R and Lancaster J L: The digital computer: the role of functional imaging in radiology. Radiology, 153, 69–72, 1984. Society of Photo Optical and Instrumentation Engineers, Vol 314 Digital radiography, 1981Google Scholar
- 17.Moores B M: Physical aspects of digital fluorography, in Digital Radiology Physical and Clinical Aspects. Hospital Physicists’ Association, London, 1984.Google Scholar
- 21.Seelentag W W and Boag J W: Prototype ionographic imaging chamber. Acta Radiol Diagn, 20, 537–550, 1979.Google Scholar