Cataclysmic Variables in a White Dwarf Survey at the South Galactic Pole
- 26 Downloads
During a photometric and spectrophotometric survey of 200 white dwarf candidates with mpg<15m.0 in a field around the South Galactic Pole two new cataclysmic variables have been identified and new observations of one already known object have been accumulated. Observations in the visible and UV-region show variability and differences in spectral type.If compared to the numbers of cataclysmic variables/white dwarfs as computed by Ritter and Burkert (1985)there is a shortage of a factor of 5.
KeywordsWhite Dwarf Photometric Data Photometric Observation Emission Component Cataclysmic Variable
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bues, I., 1985, Proc. ESA-Workshop, ESA SP-236, 215Google Scholar
- Philip, A.G.D., Stock, J., 1972, Bol. Ton. Tacubaya 6, 201Google Scholar
- Pismis, P., 1972, Bol. Ton. Tacubaya 6, 197Google Scholar
- Ritter, H., Burkert, A., 1985, Proc. ESA-Workshop, ESA SP-236, 17Google Scholar
- Van Genderen, A. M., 1973, Inf. Bull. Variable Stars 815Google Scholar