Coordinated Photometry, Spectroscopy and X-ray Observations of Flare Stars
From simultaneous monitoring in several spectral regions we have compared the characteristics of flare activity in UV Ceti and YZ CMi. Almost continuous variability is seen in Hr and U-band flux in both stars but only in UV Ceti does this correlate strongly with soft X-rays. The relative fluxes in the Balmer emission lines indicates higher densities in the chromospheres of these two dMe stars as compared to the Sun.
KeywordsLine Flux Balmer Line Flare Activity Solar Chromosphere Small Flare
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Doyle, J.G., Butler, C.J., Byrne, P.B. and van den Oord, G.H.J. 1987a, Astron. & Astrophys. (in press).Google Scholar
- Doyle, J.G., Butler, C.J., Callanan, P.J. Tagliaferri, R., de la Reza, R. White, N.E., Torres, C.A. and Quast, G. 1987b, Astron. & Astrophys. (in press).Google Scholar
- Haisch, B.M., Butler, C.J., B.H. Foing and Rodono, M. 1987b, Astron. & Astrophys. (in preparation).Google Scholar
- Rodono, M. et al. 1984, Proceedings of the Fourth European IUE Conference, ESA SP-218, p247.Google Scholar
- Thomas, R.H. and Athay, R.G. 1961, Physics of the Solar Chromosphere, Wiley.Google Scholar