Stellar and Solar Flares: Some Theoretical Problems from Point of View Modern Observations
The recent X-ray observations allow to work out a scenario of flares, i.e. their spatial and temporal development. The hard and the hot (main) phases are successively considered. During the hard phase it is difficult to use the accepted concept about the reconnection as a mechanism of primary energy release because it is practically impossible to explain the particle acceleration during ≤ 1 s in the low-lying region of ≤ 108cm in size located in a spot penumbra with the same polarity magnetic field. The thermal waves propagating outward from the region of primary energy release along a large coronal loop are considered in some flares as a probable trigger mechanism for transforming the hard phase into the hot one. The reconnection mechanism is acceptable during a hot phase. Common features of secondary processes in solar and stellar flares allow to understand naturally the origin of the flare optical continuum on red dwarfs.
KeywordsCurrent Sheet Solar Flare Thermal Wave Coronal Loop Hard Phase
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Andreev A.S., Kosovichev A.G.:l987,Izv.Krymsk.Astrofiz 0bs., v.78Google Scholar
- Badalyan O.G., Livshits M.A.:1986,in V.E. Stepanov, V.N. Obridko(eds),‘Solar Maximum Analysis’, VNU Science Press, Utrecht Holl., p.323Google Scholar
- Beskin G.M. et al;1986,in L.V. Mirzoyan(ed),‘ Flare stars and related objects’,Erevan, p.60Google Scholar
- Forbes T.G.:1987, “Magnetic recinnection and solar flare loops”,21st ESLAB Symp.Bolkesjø, Norway, June 22–25Google Scholar
- Gershberg R.E. 1978,‘Flare stars of low masses’,MoscowGoogle Scholar
- Gershberg R.E., Obridko V.N., Mogilevsky E.I.:1986, Preprint IZMIRAN, No 41Google Scholar
- Gershberg R.E., Petrov P.P.:1986,in L.V. Mirzoyan(ed),’Flare stars and related objects’, Erevan, p.38Google Scholar
- Kaplan S.A., Pikel’ner S.B., Tsytovich V.H.:1977,’Physics of plasma of the solar atmosphere’, MoscowGoogle Scholar
- Katsova M. M, Livshits M. A.:1983,in P. Byrne, M. Rodono(eds), ‘Activity in Red-Dwarf Stars’, D.Reidel, P.617Google Scholar
- Katsova M.M., Livshits M.A.:l986,in L. V. Mirzoyan(ed), ‘Flare stars and related objects’, Erevan,.p.183Google Scholar
- Kostyuk N.D., Pikel’ner S.B.:l974,Astron.Zh., v.51, p.1002Google Scholar
- Zirin H.:1966,‘The Solar Atmosphere’,Blaisdell Publ.Comp.Google Scholar