Production of Haploid Plantlets in Cultures of Unpolinated Ovules of Hevea Brasiliensis Muell.-ARG
Plantlets were obtained by culture of unpolinated ovules of rubber tree, Hevea brasiliensis. The ovules were cultured on a dedifferentiation medium, and later transfered to a differentiation medium. Cytological observations indicated that the plantlets tested were mixaploids.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bourgin JP and JP Nitsch: Obtention de Nicotiana haploides a partir d’etamines cultivees in vitro. Ann. Physiol Veg. 9: 337–382, 1967.Google Scholar
- Cen M, ZH Chen, CF Qian, CH Wang, YT He and YL Xiao: Investigation of ploidy in the process of anther culture of Hevea brasiliensis. Acta Genet Sin 8(2): 169–174, 1981 (in Chinese with English abstract).Google Scholar
- Chen ZG, MQ Wang and HH Liao: The induction of Citrus pollen plants in artificial media. Acta Genet Sin 7(2): 189–191, 1980 (in Chinese with Engrish abstract).Google Scholar
- 4.Chen ZH, FT Chen, CF Qian, CH Wang, SJ Zhang, XE Xu, XH Ou, YT He and ZM Lu: A process of obtaining pollen plants of Hevea brasiliensis Muell.-Arg. Sci Sin 22: 81–90, 1979.Google Scholar
- 5.Chen ZH: Induction of androgenesis in woody plants. In: Haploids of Highr Plants In Vitro, Hu Han and Yang Hong-yuan (Eds.), China Academic Publishers, Beijing and Springer Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, pp. 42–66, 1986.Google Scholar
- 6.Chen ZH: Induction of androgenesis in hardwood trees. In: Cell and Tissue Culture in Forestry, Vol 2, JM Bonga and DJ Durzan (Eds.), Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, Dordrecht, pp. 247–268, 1987.Google Scholar
- Fu LF and DY Tong: Induction of pollen plants of Litchi tree (Litchi chinensis Soon). Acta Genet Sin 10(5): 369–374, 1983 (in Chinese with English abstract).Google Scholar
- Guo GF, XJ Jia and LX Chen: Induction of plantlet from ovule in vitro of Hevea brasiliensis. Hereditas 4(1): 27–28, 1982 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- 9.Wu KX: Unpolinated ovary culture of poplar in vitro. In: Tissue Culture of Woody Plants and its Application, ZH Chen (Ed.), High Education Press of China, pp. 179–186, 1986.Google Scholar
- 10.Yang HY, C Zou, DT Cia, H Yan, Y Wu and XM Chen: In vito culture of unfertilized ovules of Helianthus annuus L. In: Haploids of Higher Plants In Vitro, Hu Han and Yang Hongyuan (Eds.), China Academic Publishers, Beijing, and Springer Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, pp. 182–191, 1986.Google Scholar