Poly(Vinyl Acetate) and Related Polymers
In this chapter poly(vinyl acetate) and some vinyl acetate copolymers are described. The important copolymers, ethylene-vinyl acetate and vinyl chloride-vinyl acetate are dealt with in Chapters 2 and 4 respectively. Also considered are poly(vinyl alcohol) and poly(vinyl acetal)s, which are derivatives of poly(vinyl acetate).
KeywordsEmulsion Polymerization Vinyl Acetate Vinyl Alcohol Glycol Ether Hydroxyl Content
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Vona, J. A. et al. (1964) in Manufacture of Plastics, (ed. W. M. Smith), Reinhold Publishing Corporation, New York. ch. 4.Google Scholar
- 2.Dickstein, J. and Bouchard, R. (1964) in Manufacture of Plastics, (ed. W. M. Smith), Reinhold Publishing Corporation, New York, ch. 5.Google Scholar
- 3.Hackel, E. (1968) in S. C. I. Monograph No. 30, Properties and Applications of Polyvinyl Alcohol, Society of Chemical Industry, London, p. 1.Google Scholar
- 4.Imoto, T. and Matsubara, T. (1962) J. Polymer Sci., 56, S4.Google Scholar
- Marvel, C. S. and Denoon, C. E. (1938) J. Am. Chem. Soc., 60, 1045; Flory, P. J. and Leutner, F. S. (1948) J. Polymer Sci., 3, 880; (1950); 5, 267.Google Scholar
- S. C. I. Monograph No. 30, (1968) Properties and Applications of Polyvinyl Alcohol, Society of Chemical Industry, London.Google Scholar
- Pritchard, J. G. (1970) Poly(vinyl alcohol): Basic Properties and Uses, Macdonald & Co. (Publishers) Ltd, London.Google Scholar
- Llewellyn, I. and Williams, H. (1972) in Vinyl and Allied Polymers, Vol. 2, (ed. G. Matthews), Iliffe Books, London, ch. 18, (Poly(vinyl acetate)).Google Scholar
- Finch, C. A. (ed.) (1973) Polyvinyl Alcohol, John Wiley and Sons, London.Google Scholar
- Modi, T. W. (1980) in Handbook of Water-Soluble Gums and Resins, (ed. R. L. Davidson), McGraw Book Company, New York, ch. 20, (Poly(vinyl alcohol)).Google Scholar
- El-Asser, M. S. and Vanderhoff, J. W. (eds.) (1981) Emulsion Polymerization of Vinyl Acetate, Applied Science Publishers, London.Google Scholar