A Theoretical Prediction of Residual Stresses Introduced by Shot Peening
Shot peening has a significant influence on the fatigue behaviour of treated components. The treatment generates superficial compressive stresses. Theoretical prediction of the stress profile against depth will make easier the choice of the shot peening parameters. We use the model derived by Zarkaetal  which lies upon elastic calculations and local geometrical constructions.
KeywordsResidual Stress Shot Peening Residual Stress Profile Titanium Base Alloy Steel Shot
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zarka, J., Casier,J., Elastic plastic response of a structure to cyclic loading. Mechanics today Vol 6., 1979, Ed Nemat-Nasser Pergamon press.Google Scholar
- 2.Da Vies, R.M., The determination of static and dynamic yield using a steel ball. Proc.Roval.Societv A 197,1949, 416.Google Scholar
- 3.Johnson. K.L. Contact mechanics. Cambrige university press, 1985.Google Scholar
- 4.Inglebert, G., Frelat, J., Proix, J.M., Structure under cyclic loading Arch Mech. 37,4-5,Warszawa, 1985, 365.Google Scholar
- 5.Guechichi, H., Castex, L., Frelat,J., Inglebert,G., Predicting residual stresses due to shot peening. Impact surface treatment. 11, Elsevier applied science publishers, London, 1986, pp. 11–22.Google Scholar