Creep in SFRC Elements under Long-Term Excentric Compressive Loading
The long-term measurements of strain in steel fibre reinforced concrete blocks subjected to excentrical compression are presented and discussed. The blocks were cast with two types of concretes: with basalt and limestone aggregate, and with two fibre volumes: 0 7% and 1 3%. The measurements were executed during 500 and 1000 days on two series of specimens. After unloading the recovery strain development was also recorded. Conclusions concern the influence of fibres and of aggregate types on the creep and other components of concrete strain.
KeywordsCreep Strain Fibre Volume Aggregate Concrete Recovery Strain Steel Fibre Reinforce Concrete
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Edgington, J., Hannant, D. J. and Williams, R. I. T., Steel fibre reinforced concrete. Bui. Res. Estab. CP 69/74, July 1974, p. 17.Google Scholar
- 2.Malmberg, B. and Skarendahl, Å., Method of studying the cracking of fibre concrete under restrained shrinkage. In Testing and Test Methods of Fibre Cement Composites. RILEM Symp, Construction Press, London, 1978, pp. 173–9.Google Scholar
- 3.Swamy, R. N. and Theodorakopoulos, D. D., Flexural creep behaviour of fibre reinforced cement composites. Int. J. Cem. Compos., 1(1) (May 1979) 37–48.Google Scholar
- 4.Fukuchi, T., Ohama, Y., Nishimura, T. and Sugahara, T., Effects of steel fiber reinforcement on drying shrinkage of mortar. Trans. Jap. Concr. Inst., 2 (1980) 195–202.Google Scholar
- 5.Balaguru, P. and Ramakrishnan, V., Properties of fiber reinforced concrete: workability, behavior under long-term loading, and air-void characteristics. ACI Mater. J., TP 85-M23 (May-June 1980) 189–96.Google Scholar
- 6.Glücklich, J., The influence of sustained loads on the strength of concrete. RILEM Bull., No. 5 (December 1959) 14–17.Google Scholar
- 7.Glücklich, J., The effect of microcracking on time-dependent deformations and the long-term strength of concrete. In The Structure of Concrete and its Behaviour under Load. Proc. Int. Conf, London, Sept. 1965, Cement and Concrete Association 1968, pp. 176–89.Google Scholar
- 8.Entov, V. M. and Yagust, V. I., Experimental study on the rules of the microcrack propagation in concrete. Mekhanika Tverdovo Tiela, (in Russian) 10(4) (1975) 93–103.Google Scholar
- 9.Brandt, A. M. and Hebda, L., Example of the experimental design method in the long-term testing of SFRC. In Developments in Fibre Reinforced Cement and Concrete. RILEM Symp. 2, Sheffield, July 1986.Google Scholar
- 10.Brandt, A. M., Burakiewicz, A. and Hebda, L., On the crack propagation in the fibre concrete element subjected to long-term loading. In Mechanics and Technology of Composite Materials. Proc. Vth Conf., Varna 1988, pp. 679–83.Google Scholar
- 11.Tada, H., Paris, P. C. and Irwin, G. R., The stress analysis of cracks, Handbook, Del Res. Corp, Hellertown, PA, USA, 1973.Google Scholar
- 12.Rüsch, H. and Jungwirth, D, Stahlbeton—Spannbeton, Band 2 Berucksichtigung der Einflusse von Kriechen und Schwinden aufdas Verhalten der Tragwerke. Werner-Verlag, Dusseldorf, 1976.Google Scholar