Creep Deformation of Engineering Ceramics
High-precision constant-stress data obtained for magnesia and silicon nitride ceramics are used to demonstrate that the θ Projection Concept provides a successful alternative to the inadequate theoretical and practical approaches traditionally adopted to explain and predict the creep behaviour of ceramic materials.
KeywordsCreep Rate Silicon Nitride Creep Strain Creep Behaviour Creep Curve
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wilshire, B and Owen, D.R.J. (Ed). Engineering Approaches to High Temperature Design, Pineridge Press, Swansea, 1983.Google Scholar
- 2.Evans, R.W., Parker, J.D. and Wilshire, B., An Extrapolation Procedure For Long Term Creep Strain and Creep Life Prediction. In Recent Advances in Creep and Fracture of Engineering Materials and Structures, ed., B. Wilshire and D.R.J. Owen, Pineridge Press, Swansea, 1982, 135–84.Google Scholar
- 3.Evans, R.W. and Wilshire, B., Creep of Metals and Alloys. Institute of Metals, London, 1985, 197–243.Google Scholar
- 4.Evans, R.W., Brown, S.G.R. and Wilshire, B., New Approach to Creep of Pure Metals with Special Reference to Polycrystalline Copper, Mater.Sci.Tech., 1987, 3, 23–7.Google Scholar
- 5.Evans, R.W., and Wilshire, B., Creep Behaviour of Superalloy Blade Materials, Mater.Sci.Tech. 1987, 3, 701–5.Google Scholar
- 6.Evans, R.W., Scharning, P.J. and Wilshire, B., Creep of Basic Refractory Oxides. In Creep Behaviour of Crystalline Solids, ed., B. Wilshire and R.W. Evans, Pineridge Press, Swansea, 1985, 201–53.Google Scholar
- 7.Evans, R.W., Murakami, T. and Wilshire, B., Rate Controlling Processes during Creep of Silicon Nitride Ceramics, Brit Ceram. T.J., 1988, 87, 54–7.Google Scholar
- 10.Dixon-Stubbs, P.J. and Wilshire, B., Factors Affecting the Deformation Behaviour during Creep of Basic Refractory Raw Materials, Trans. Brit. Ceram. Soc., 1980, 79, 21–8. Google Scholar
- Evans, A.G. and Langdon, T.G. Prog. Mater. Sci., 1976, 21, 171Google Scholar
- 14.Urbain, G., Viscosity of Silicate Melts: Measure and Estimation, J. Mater.Ed., 1985, 7, 1007–1078.Google Scholar
- 15.Evans, R.W., Murakami, T. and Wilshire, B., The Generation of Long-Term Creep Data for Silicon Nitride Ceramics, Brit. Ceram .Proc., 1987, 39, 201–6.Google Scholar
- 16.Birch, J.M., Godfrey, D.J. and Wilshire, B. Deformation and Fracture Processes during Creep of Reaction Bonded and Hot Pressed Silicon Nitride, Proc. Brit. Ceram. Soc., 1978, 26, 141–54Google Scholar