Model Calculations of the Photospheric Layers of Solar Magnetic Fluxtubes
Multi-dimensional radiative energy transport is coupled self-consistently to magnetohydrostatic solutions for fluxtubes with rotational symmetry. It is shown that the photospheric layers of plage and network fluxtubes are heated by radiation by as much as 300 K at equal geometrical height. The amount of heating depends on the density reduction within the tube. The results are compared with observational data and the most recent semi-empirical model.
KeywordsCurrent Sheet Radiative Transfer Equation Solar Photosphere Thin Current Sheet Heavy Solid Line
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Badaljan O.G.: 1968, Soln. Dannye. 5, 105.Google Scholar
- Grossman-Doerth, U., Knölker, M., Schüssler, M., Weisshaar, E.: 1988, in Solar and Stellar Granulation, Proc. of the OAC-NATO Advanced Research Workshop, Capri, Italy, 1988.Google Scholar
- Gustafsson, B. : 1973, Uppsala Astron. Obs. Ann. 5, No. 6. Google Scholar
- Keller, C.U. : 1989, IAU Symp. 138. Google Scholar
- Steiner, O. : 1989, A rapidly convergent temperature correction procedure using operator perturbation, to be submitted. Google Scholar