Effects of the soft X-ray burst from SN 1987A on its circumstellar medium
The observations of the narrow UV and optical emission lines from SN 1987A are modelled as reprocessed radiation in a shell around the supernova, heated and ionized by the soft X-ray and EUV radiation at the shock breakout. Constraints on the early soft X-ray burst are discussed, as well as the physical conditions and abundances in the shell.
KeywordsEmission Measure Line Flux Initial Ionization Swedish Natural Science Research Council Narrow Emission Line
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Arnett, W.D., 1988, in Proc. of the George Mason Conference on SN 1987A, in press.Google Scholar
- Fransson, C., and Lundqvist, P., 1988, in preparation.Google Scholar
- Fransson, C., Cassatella, A., Gilmozzi, R., Kirshner, R.P., Panagia, N., Sonneborn, G., and Wamsteker, W., 1989, Ap. J., Jan. 1 (F89).Google Scholar
- Lundqvist, P., and Fransson, C., 1987, in Proc. of the ESO Workshop on SN 1987A, ed. I.J. Danziger, p. 495.Google Scholar
- Lundqvist, P., and Fransson, C., 1989, in preparation.Google Scholar
- Sonneborn, G., et al., IAU Circ.Google Scholar
- Wampler, E.J., and Richichi, A., 1988, submitted to Astron. Astrophys.Google Scholar