Recent Results on Cosmic Strings and Galaxy Formation
Part of the NATO ASI Series book series (ASIC, volume 264)
The origin of galactic angular momentum via tidal torquing and the evolution of the mass function of galactic halos are discussed in the context of the cosmic string model.
KeywordsDark Matter Mass Function Cosmic String Spiral Galaxy Cold Dark Matter
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1a.For reviews see e.g.,Google Scholar
- 1d.N. Turok, in “Astroparticle Physics,” ed. A. De Rujula and P. Shaver, (World Scientific, Singapore, 1988).Google Scholar
- 4.R. Brandenberger and E. P. S. Shellard, “Angular Momentum and Mass Function of Galaxies Seeded by Cosmic Strings,” Brown preprint BROWN-HET-663, June 1988.Google Scholar
- 5.E. Bertschinger, Ap. J. 316 (1988) 496.Google Scholar
- 7c.E. Bertschinger and P. Watts, Ap. J., in press (1988).Google Scholar
- 8.B. Binggeli, in “Nearly Normal Galaxies,” ed. S. Faber, (Springer, New York, 1987).Google Scholar
© Kluwer Academic Publishers 1989